Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Test Your Faith

Purpose: Faith, is that alone enough to make us Christians?


Scripture: 2 Corinthians 13:5 and Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT


THE TEST OF TRUE FAITH

Answer "true" or "false"

_____ 1. I study the Bible every day.

_____ 2. I attend church regularly.

_____ 3. I'm not afraid to pray aloud in front of others.

_____ 4. I listen carefully to sermons in church and try to apply them.

_____ 5. I stand up against sin ungodliness.

_____ 6. I understand basic theological truths.

_____ 7. I have a hunger for worship and prayer.

_____ 8. I'm involved in church activites and leadership.

_____ 9. I tell others about my faith.

_____ 10. I frequently sacrifice things for God, such as time and talents.

_____ Score (total of "true" answers)

_____ Bonus Question
















0 to 1 = Ouch!
2 to 4 = O ye of little faith
5 to 7 = Lukewarm
8 to 10 = The Pharisees are looking for a few new recruits!



Does your score seem satisfactory?


If you got a similar number of "right" answers on a test at a work review, or school, what would your grade be?


How do we "fail" this test of faith in everyday life?


There is one more question on this test. On the line before "Bonus question" put true or false for this statement: I have committed my life to Jesus and want to follow Him in all I do.


If answered true to the bonus question, according to *2 Corintrhians 13:5, you have passed the test of faith!

*Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.

The first ten questions, while important parts of the Christian life, do not make you a christian. in fact, someone can practice all of these and be a true Christian at all. The Pharisees tried to practice these things perfectly and yet were considered Christ enemies.


Take a look at Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV


8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


How does your answer to the bonus question make you feel?


What implications does this question have for the other ten qeustions?


How can we act on our decision to follow Christ?




Father, thank you for loving us to today...I would ask you to bless all of those who read this and may they realy look deep into the message. May they find the strength and help they need as they Follow You daily.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment