Friday, April 2, 2010

My visit

Well tonight... I am laying on the couch in much pain and pondering my visit to my new pain doctor.
At first he seemed to be very nice and concerned about the pain I was in. After a long discussion about my past back issues and surgeries, then he went over the different medications that I was taking.
In our discussion, He would say not so nice words about my family doctor, who he knew personally. It was about this one pill I take for my muscle spasms, which has been highly praised by other doctors and my family doctor.
He claimed that it was not used to treat muscle spasms. He said it was not worth taking. He even told us to look it up on the web after we got home. We did just that, and he was wrong. It only treats muscle spasms.

But getting back to my exam, he had me stand with my back facing him. Cindy was standing in front of me. Because I can somewhat stand, but I am unstable. He refused to let Cindy help me. He even raised his voice at her and told her to sit down and be quite.
Then he was checking my lower back, and I am not sure what he pushed on my lower back, but I almost fell. I bent over and he helped me back to the bed. I of course cried out (real tears) in a lot of pain. It hurt so bad. I never ever cry at a doctors visit!
He then told me to sit on the edge of the bed and to lay back. As I started, he then went and pushed me straight down. Hard and fast. He said to me, "I was to be man and do this without help and not to move so slow."
I once again cried out louder, and my pain was so intense that I was crying. He shouted in my face, "just relax, just relax"
Ouch...I am sorry but how does one relax when they just got pushed down on the bed, and just before that, was pushed in back during the exam that I almost fell?

So after that drama, he tried to explain that I needed to go see another doctor to learn to breath and relax, to help with my pain. Something about me being to tense!
Well if he had not pushed me around and caused my pain to jump off the chart. I might not be so tense! True?

He then told me that the meds I was taking needed some changes. He told me that when the meds I have now run out, he then would get me different pain meds.
He gave me a order for a drug, that would work better with my muscle spasms, and help me with my sleep.

We looked this med up as well, and it was used to treat people who have high anxiety attacks. So far what we have read about this drug, it does not treat muscle spasms or sleep.
This guy is really strange, and a little mean. I don't have anxiety attacks!

I do give God praise, because as much as I wanted to punch this man in the face and then tell him to just relax, I never acted out my anger though!

We are now looking to see what the next move will be for us. We know that we should not return to him.

Pray for Cindy and I as we go through this mess, and also as we look for a different pain doctor.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment