Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dirt In Our Eyes

Dirt In Our Eyes

Hebrews 12:1-3, 1 Corinthians 9:23-25


Watching a recent horse race, (channel 602 on Direct TV) yes in my channel surfing I have stopped to watch!! Any way getting back to where I was going.
I heard the announcers talking about the winner of the Kentucky Derby, (last yrs) and how during the race the horse had trouble keeping up and trouble seeing. You see the jockey and the horse was getting dirt in there eyes from the other horses kicking it up, yet the horse was able to continue to run the race and win…with the help and encouragement from the jockey. Way to go…
We can compare this story to us because we are in a race. The race of life, trying to keep our eyes focused on the finish line. Which of course is Jesus Christ.
Well just like the jockey and the horse, we too get dirt in our eyes….
What do we do?
Do we stop, and not finish?
Do we look for encouragement from someone?
Do we press on?
Do we cry and have a pity party for ourselves?

You might be wondering what kind of dirt do we get in our eyes?

For example:

You find out that your marriage of 20 years; the wife is calling it quits …ouch

You find out that yet again you have to deal with a change of Pastors…

You find out that your best friend since kindergarten is spreading gossip about you over the Internet (Facebook, Twitter)…

You discover that your favorite pet has died…

You go in for a normal health check up and you hear words like cancer…

A love one passes away….

You show up to work, and after working 30 plus years, they say they no longer need you…



The dirt of life seems to entangles us as we try to keep our eyes on the prize, the great finish…

So how do we continue on? How do we finish the race?

We stay focused on Christ; seek help from Christ, and through prayer, daily reading of His word, and encouragement from those running the race with us. We look at the end results and the great prize in which we seek after!

Take my side, God—I'm getting kicked around, stomped on every day. Not a day goes by but somebody beats me up; They make it their duty to beat me up. When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. I'm proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do? You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book. God, you did everything you promised, and I'm thanking you with all my heart. You pulled me from the brink of death, my feet from the cliff-edge of doom. Now I stroll at leisure with God in the sunlit fields of life.

Psalm 56 The Message


May you be blessed today

I am praying for all my readers

No comments:

Post a Comment