Sunday, April 18, 2010

Seven Words That Describe...

HEAVEN...

John 14:1-3

I can't speak for others, but as I have grown in my personal relationship with Christ; I find myself looking forward to heaven. I can't wait to meet my Jesus face to face! What joy that will be. I have loved ones that I am anxious to see again. I can recall of my Grandma, who was not only a Grandma, she was my best friend. Also I had a prayer partner, who became my adopted Grandma, and one who stood in the gap for me. Day or Night I could call her for prayer, support, love and just laugh. For 20 plus years that I knew her, she would also answer her phone. There was only one time she did not answer, that was the day she took sick and pasted away two days later. We had a final phone call while she was in the hospital. She told me, "not to worry, that she would see me in a little while and that she loved me." The call went silent...the next day she went "HOME!!"
I realize we all have lost a loved one and/or a friend. Death comes and it is hard and very sad. Our hearts seam to have a void that never gets filled.
However for those of us in Christ we have a peace, comfort and assurance that those who die knowing Christ as their personal Savior, heaven will be their reward and one glorious day we shall meet them once again. What a day that will be, a day of rejoicing and praising God.

I heard a sermon that describes heaven with seven words.....

1. Heaven will be Ready
2, Heaven will be Resplendet
3. Heaven will be Rapture Divine
4. Heaven will be Restoration
5. Heaven will be Real
6. Heaven will be Reunion
7. Heaven will be Right


Spend time today dwelling on heaven. Are you ready to go, leaving this world behind you? I know that I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment