Monday, May 31, 2010

DREAMS


My Question for God

 

How can I know if a dream is from God?

 

A moment in God's Word


1 Thessalonians 5:17 Never stop praying.


Jeremiah 23:25-28 "I have heard these prophets say, Listen to the dream I had from God last night. And then they proceed to tell lies in my name. How long will this go on? If they are prophets, they are prophets of deceit, inventing everything they say. By telling these false dreams, they are trying to get my people to forget me, just as their ancestors did by worshiping the idols of Baal. Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word. There is a difference between straw and grain!


1 Samuel 28:6He asked the Lord what he should do, but the Lord refused to answer him, either by dreams or by sacred lots or by the prophets.



God speaks to us in a variety of ways: through His Word, through the wisdom of godly people, through nature, through our conscience, and sometimes through dreams and visions. If God speaks to us in a dream, His message will always be consistent with what He has all ready told us in His Word. He will never contradict His own commandments or ask us to do something immoral or illegal.
If a dream moves us to serve God with greater passion, do so; it may be God speaking to us in a new way!



Divine Promise

Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, He has spoken to us through His Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son He created the universe
Hebrews 1: 1-2





 

No comments:

Post a Comment