Sunday, May 23, 2010

Praising God

I have been impressed recently by the fact that we should praise God often! Praising God is part of worshipping Him. I have heard it said that our work in Heaven will be worshipping God, and we should be doing that now, too! There is so much to praise Him for! Of course I can't touch on them all, but here are some things to think about:

We should praise Him simply for Who He is!

Deu 4:39 (NIV) Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

We should praise Him for His Holiness:

Psa 29:2 (NIV) Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; worship the LORD in the splendor of His Holiness.

We should praise Him for providing for our salvation:

Eph 1:13-14 (NIV) And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of His glory.

We should praise Him for His dependability -- His faithfulness:

Psa 40:10 (NIV) I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of Your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and Your truth from the great assembly.

We should praise Him for providing for our everyday material needs -- not always our wants, but our needs. : )

Luke 12:27 "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith!

I hope you will join with me in trying to remember to praise God every day, for both eternal and temporal benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment