Friday, May 21, 2010

Calling Plan....


God desires for us to call on Him anytime and anywhere. Jesus is the only way to God the Father; salvation is through Him. When was the last time you called on God?











Verses



Romans 10:9-13; John 14:6; Jeremiah 29:12







OK, as you began to read this devotion, take out your cell phone and look at it. Holding your cell phone; ask yourself if you know anyone who has never used one!! Then ask yourself about where and when you use your cell phone. Please go ahead and do this, I am sure no one is watching you!!



Your answers for where may include: in a car, outside, in the house, even on a boat. (water proof only)



Your answers for when may include: when I need information, when I need help, when I may be lost and not know directions, or when I just want to talk to someone. Or for texting!!



Well my cell phone sits on the table next to me, and it never rings or does much at all. The wife will call once in a while, a friend will text me once in a while.



Can you just call any number to reach my cell phone?



No, you must know my number right?



Did you know God wants us to call Him? He even gives us His number!



Read: Romans 10:12-13



12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."



God's number is J-E-S-U-S.



Romans 10:9-10 tells us how -



"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."



We can't just call any number and reach God. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." There is no other way to call on God except through Jesus Christ, His Son.



Once we know Jesus, we can call on God anytime and anywhere. He says in Jeremiah 29:12 -



"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."



We can have a phone, we can know someones number, but until we choose to actually dial the number, we'll never reach them. It's our choice to call on God; we must act upon our choice. He's there anytime, anywhere and for anyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment