Monday, June 28, 2010

Tired

Matthew 11: 28

Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

How can I find peaceful rest?

On Sunday I spoke about getting alone with Christ by climbing a mountain. Well today I like to share a way for us to find rest. Sometimes we can get alone with Christ, but we really don't rest like we should.

  • God will give you renewed strength when we grow weary.
  • When you come to Him in praise, He refreshes your heart.
  • When you come to Him in prayer, He refreshes your soul.
  • When you come to Him in meditation, He refreshes your mind.
  • When you come to Him in solitude, He refreshes your body.
  • When you come to Him with thankfulness, He refreshes your perspective.


Practicing these disciplines releases the burdens of life and draws strength from God, the source of strength.

Psalm 3: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment