Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Thoughts....

2 Timothy 2:8-13 NLT

8 Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. 9 And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. 10 So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

11 This is a trustworthy saying:

If we die with Him,
we will also live with Him.
12 If we endure hardship,
we will reign with Him.
If we deny him,
He will deny us.
13 If we are unfaithful,
He remains faithful,
for He cannot deny who He is.

________________________________________________________________________________

As I read these verses today, I saw myself in a since like Paul. With my disability as a minister, I would say this to a Church… it would go like this
Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been confined to my home and unable to move, and the pain has become like a chain keeping from doing what God has called me into. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

This is a trustworthy saying:

If we die with Him,
we will also live with Him.
If we endure hardship,
we will reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He will deny us.
If we are unfaithful,
He remains faithful,
for He cannot deny who He is.

 
Have you ever saw yourself in God’s Word? I believe this is way God speaks to us and gives us comfort in troubling times. I can confess I have been down hearted that I gave everything up to follow Christ and now I find myself in this situation with more questions than answers.I know that sometimes in our walk with Christ we would have to face some suffering, but I never dreamed that this suffering was going to be forever unless God steps in. However when I opened my Bible today, It was as though God was showing me that His Word will go on. And in my suffering I can find peace and comfort in Him, and that in my confinement He would continue to use me. And so one way His Word has continued is through this blog. It has become a new type of outreach for me. This is a new way to use me.
So for those reading this…Take your Bibles off the shelf and open it and allow God to speak to you today. If you feel discouraged, troubled, lost, not sure what is next, suffering? Read God's Word daily….Find comfort, peace, understanding, and different ways you can share the “Good News” with others. May it be a blessing, and may you be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment