Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FACING DEATH....

About the last hour of our life…



John 8:49 - 51 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and He is the judge. I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death." (NIV)



All of us will come to a last hour of life. Even Jesus faced His own death on the Cross. When we face our own death, we must affirm our faith in Christ Jesus and our belief in eternal life through Him. When we face our final hour in this life, we are nearing the first hour of a new life where we will finally get to see Jesus face to face. When we face our final hour of this life on earth, we may be afraid. We may not be afraid of seeing Christ face to face but we may be afraid of the process of dying. Fearing the process of dying is natural, for we do not know what the process is like. In the final hour, for those people who have accepted Christ, often a calm comes over them. In all the hours of our life, we must recall how Christ has prepared a great celebration and a great home coming for us in Heaven. There may be sadness at saying good-bye to those we leave behind. However, we must pray now for God's protective care to be over those we leave behind so each of them will do His work here on earth. So that when thier time comes we may see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment