Monday, September 13, 2010

Commitment

Well after giving you this whole weekend to read just 25 verses in Jude and to post a comment, it seems that no one was willing to leave a comment   :)

I do hope that you took time out and read Jude. 

Not spending time in the Word can be eternally dangerous.

Did you read the paper, sports, maybe your favorite book? There is nothing wrong with them unless you chose them over spending time in the Word. You should decide which is more important!

Jude warns against turning away from Christ and having no commitment to Him. We are to remember that God punishes those who rebel against Him. We must be careful not to drift away from having a firm commitment to Christ. 

And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deut. 6: 5-9

Those who do not study God's Word are susceptible to turning their backs and disobeying God. Putting themselves on a path leading to hell. Christians must guard against any and all false teachings that would distract them from the truth of God's Word. We can do this (guarding our self's)  by reading, studying, and knowing the Bible.


 Questions from Jude.....

  1.  Contrast those who are led by God with those who are living in rebellion.
  2. What are the principles found in verses 20 through 23 for dealing with the rebellious?
  3. How would you apply those principles to your life at work? At church? At home? At school? And in your social life?
  4. What confidence do you find in verses 24 and 25 that tells you God will remain faithful to you as you follow Him? Take time to praise God for who He is and for how He keeps you in His Love.

Prayer...


Father, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty and yet overwhelmed by your love for me. I thank you that there is no human experience that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me. If I climb the highest mountain you are there and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life, you are there. Help me to read your Word more often as it shows me of your great love. Teach me today to love you more. Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more than the simple trusting heart of a child. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment