Friday, July 9, 2010

Growth

How do I grow spiritually?



Ephesians 3:17,so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love

1 Corinthians 13:11,When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Hebrews 6:1, Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death and of faith in God


Spiritual growth is like physical growth: You start small and grow one day at a time. As you grow, however, you need nourishment. Spiritually you get this by challenging your mind to study God’s Word, ask questions about it, and seek answers through prayer, the counsel of other believers, and life’s experiences. Look at each as a building block, your daily exercise. When you commit to building a life of Christ-like character one day at a time, you will find yourself growing more and more spiritually mature.

Colossians 1:9-10
We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.



No comments:

Post a Comment