Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Growing in Grace

2nd Peter 3:18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.


If you've ever planted a flower or vegetable garden, you know that the only way either of them can grow is if they are carefully nurtured. In order to have good flowers or good vegetables is to provide constant care: watering; weeding out other plants that would choke the plants you want to keep; and of course, plants need sunlight to grow healthy and strong.
So it is with we Christians. We are told to grow in grace and understanding of Jesus. It's not a suggestion, or even an option, we have marching orders from headquarters. Grow in grace and in knowledge. Period.
How do we do this? With constant care: by the watering of our spirits; by the weeding out of character traits that don't reflect His character and would choke out the traits that do; and of course, we need Sonlight in order to grow healthy and strong. All of these nurturing come directly from daily reading of the Scriptures

According to Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. (NLT)

and continuous prayer Psalm 55:17 I call to God; God will help me. At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh deep sighs—He hears, He rescues. My life is well and whole, secure in the middle of danger Even while thousands are lined up against me. God hears it all, and from His judge's bench puts them in their place. (The Message)


So then go and  look deep into your heart and see how you are growing. What traits do you need to change?
Praise God for His unending supply of Grace. Thank the Lord for His unending light in us that we can go into this darken world and share the Good News.
Go then and grow in Christ and each day draw closer to Him. Allow His Grace to change us and to mold us into His image. Amen

I thank the Lord for everything And I count my blessings each day He came to me when I needed Him I only had to pray. And He'll come to you if you ask Him to, He's only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment