Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jesus...is He Truthful? Or a Liar?

Who is Jesus? How would you answer this question? How would other people answer?

Matthew 16:15

People think Jesus is all kinds of things. Take me for example, To me Jesus as my best friend! This just one example I could go on forever.
Again I ask you, who is Jesus to you?

In fact, some people say Jesus is a liar.
Some say He’s a lunatic.
Some say a loser.
And some say He’s Lord.


Some of you believe me because you know I am a person of truthfulness. Also because you know me very well. And you know I’d never lie to you.
Some of you don’t believe, I am a truthful person, because you don’t know me at all.
What makes a person truthful? What makes a person a liar?
Have you ever been lied to? I have and they were my “friend”. Ouch!!

I know someone that is always truthful and never lies…

His name is Jesus…

Some people don’t know Jesus very well today, and so they might say Jesus is a liar.

Do you think a court of law could convict Jesus of being a liar?

Let us look at Jesus on trial …

Matthew 26: 57-60

Jesus before the Council
57 Then the people who had arrested Jesus led him to the home of Caiaphas, the high priest, where the teachers of religious law and the elders had gathered. 58 Meanwhile, Peter followed him at a distance and came to the high priest’s courtyard. He went in and sat with the guards and waited to see how it would all end.
59 Inside, the leading priests and the entire high council were trying to find witnesses who would lie about Jesus, so they could put him to death. 60 But even though they found many who agreed to give false witness, they could not use anyone’s testimony.

Think about how you feel when someone lies to you...
Have no fear Jesus is for you and will never lie. What He say’s, He will do...You can trust Him completely...If have a personal relationship with Jesus, There is coming a day, that He will stand in your defense, against Satan and all his lies.
Jesus is not a lair and what He told his disciples was and is the Truth...then, today, tomorrow, and for all eternity.

Jesus Suffered on the cross for our sins
Died on that cross for our pardon
He rose on the third and then ascended back to His father
In doing this He promised to send us a comforter and a Helper
This of course is the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment