Monday, March 22, 2010

Endure Anything

Well, today for me it has been really rough and difficult. I had a doctors appointment. She is a great doctor! However she has decided to send me to a pain management doctor. For you see, my pain has gotten worse. I really hate pain!! Just going to doctors, and coming home, is so painful. Getting out of the van, after returning home, I almost passed out!
I am now back on the couch, praying for some relief. After praying for a while, I open my Bible, and this is what I first saw... " I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen." 2 Timothy 2:10

Wow...the one part that stood out for me is, "ENDURE ANYTHING"...so does that mean, I must endure this never ending, disabling pain, so that others will see Christ in me? And in doing so they will come to know Christ? What is your take on this?

I realize we should always look at this passage as whole. So I did that... it is dealing with Timothy in prison. And how he had to endure a lot for serving Christ. I also believe us Christians need to endure a lot more. Those of us here in the USA have it way to easy! Those serving Christ outside the USA, must endure a lot more then we will.


Let me know what you think. Have I looked at this wrong?

What have you endured in the past for the sake of Jesus Christ? Or what are you enduring right now?

Is it (endure) never ending, will we always face something in our journey with Christ? Big or Small.


I realize there are those who rather not post any comments, However for those who don't mind leaving a comment, please do so! I would love to know what you all think about my postings. Thanks for any feed back you can give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment