Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jesus died for the entire world!

Readings:

Isaiah 50:4-9a
Psalm 70
Hebrews 12:1-3
John 13:21-32


Reflection

Well, this is great. I love Isaiah! I'm right there with him. I will be vindicated. My enemies will be destroyed. Yes! There is justice for me against former employers, co-workers,so called "friends". I am victorious!!!!!

But wait, then there is the book John. Who am I in his story? Surely, I am NOT Judas! Well, unfortunately, I AM! "Who was the guilty? Who brought this upon Jesus? Alas, MY Sin……crucified Jesus." All those numerous, daily contradictions, where I act outwardly one way and yet conceal hurtful thoughts inwardly, all convict and crucify Jesus.

As much as I would like to think that I will receive justice someday; that the people in my past that I consider to have wronged me will be punished. I am struck with the harsh reality that I deserve the same fate as I would wish upon my "enemies." However, in still sharper relief, I cling to the promise that Jesus died for the entire world, not just the righteous, but for Judas, for me, as well. "Therefore, Jesus, think on my pity and my love unswerving, not my deserving."



Prayer

Almighty God, your Son, our Savior suffered at human hands and endured the shame of the cross. Grant that we may walk in the way of his cross and find it the way of life and peace, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,now and forever. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment