Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why you can live a life of complete surrender


Today’s Scripture: Psalm 5:11-12

For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love. (V 12)

Words of Devotion

It’s interesting to see the lack of confidence many people have in God’s plan for their lives. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told, “I’m afraid to surrender my life to Christ because I’m afraid He’ll send me to Africa and let me boil in oil as a missionary!”

So I’ll ask them, “Is God good? And, does He love you?” To which they’ll almost always answer, “Yes.” Then I say, “Then what makes you think He’s going to lead you down a path of destruction? Even if He does send you to Africa, you’ll be incredibly joyful because you’ll be in the middle of God’s will!”

The root of most distrust in God’s plan is either a lack of belief that He’s good, or believing He doesn't have your best interest in mind. But as we see in scripture today, God always leads you in ways that will work out for your best if you are in Christ. That means even when you suffer, you do so knowing that the victory is yours in the end.

God is good and He loves you. So trust in Him. Surrender your life to Christ in faith that no matter what happens in your life, God will show you His favor and the victory will be yours in the end!

Today, Surrender Your Life to Christ, Trusting He Will Give You the Victory in the End!

No comments:

Post a Comment