Thursday, January 26, 2012

God Be in My Head



God Be in My Head 


Today’s Scripture: Psalm 37:5-7

“Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.” 


Words of Devotion

Eager to seek God, Christians in Salisbury, England, more than 800 years ago developed a prayer and worship resource called the “Sarum Primer.” (The name “Sarum” came from the Latin name for Salisbury.) Their simple expressions of faith and commitment still speak to us today.

One of the powerful prayers from this primer was a cry for God to be present in every part of life. It reads,

“God be in my head, and in my understanding; God be in mine eyes, and in my looking; God be in my mouth, and in my speaking; God be in my heart, and in my thinking; God be at mine end, and at my departing.”

This is a reminder that we need to surrender our lives to God every day, and we need His help in everything we do.

What challenges do you face today? What problems will you encounter? What conflicts will arise?

The simple words of this prayer are an important reminder to commit your life to God! Not just some things, but everything—your schedule, your time, your resources, your meetings, your projects, and your relationships. As you seek Him in everything, trust in Him. Be confident that He is with you in every situation you face.

Right now, commit this day and everything you do and say to God. Surrender every thought to Him. Dedicate your time, talent, and treasure to Him.

Ask for God’s wisdom. Believe Him to provide all that you need. Then be conscious of His presence with you every moment.


Prayer: Father, be in my life today. Be in my decisions, my feelings and thoughts, my words and deeds. Use me for Your Kingdom. I want to serve You with everything I do. In Jesus’ name  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment