Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BUT HE FORGIVES AND FORGETS!



Today’s Passage: Hebrews 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.


Words of Devotions

Young Mark was preparing to say his prayers before going to bed. His mother had been in his room going over his homework with him. As he knelt to pray he said, "Go away, Mom. I want to talk to God." "But can't I listen?" she asked. "Well," he said, "I don't mind telling God about the wrong things I did today because I know He will forgive me and forget what I did. But you'll go on yelling at me forever."

How gracious is our God! His Word declares, "And I will forgive their wrongdoings, and I will never again remember their sins." One of the final characteristics of the New Covenant is that the blood of Jesus not only cleanses us completely but that He will remove them from His memory.

That's probably hard for many of us to accept. We often harbor in our hearts and minds the wrongs that people do against us. Often we seem to roll them around and seek opportunities to get revenge - or at least get even. Not our God.

We know that His grace is sufficient to save us. But believing that He will never allow our sins to enter His memory should bring us a permanent peace.

Prayer: Help us, our Father, to take You at Your Word, and know that as we confess our sins, You not only forgive them but forget them - forever. In Jesus' Name Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment