Monday, December 13, 2010

Do you believe?



No Ordinary Baby!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 
READ FULL TEXT: Luke 1:26-38


KEY VERSE 34-35

Mary said to the angel, "How will this happen? I am still a virgin!" The angel said to Mary, "The Holy Spirit will come to you and the power of the Most High (God) will cover you. The baby will be holy. He will be called the Son of God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Thought

Every baby is precious. It was made by God in its mother's womb. This baby, however, is even more precious. This child is conceived by the Holy Spirit of God. He is holy, the very Son of God, with no human father. This doesn't make sense to our world and our experience any more than a person being raised from the dead makes sense.

That's the miracle of this baby and the grace of God's plan. God comes to earth to walk among us and show us his love personally. If we will make room for Him, this baby can bring us life and immortality. Do you believe? Maybe you are asking the same question that Mary did, "How can I?" But she did believe, and the world was forever changed. As we believe, our world is changed, too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's Prayer:

Lord, my Father, help my faith in Jesus be more real and vibrant. Make my relationship with Him more real as I read His story and seek to follow His lead in my life. Change my world because of my faith in your Son, in whose name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment