Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The importance of connecting your kids with community



Today’s Text: Psalm 71:18

So even to old age and gray hairs,
            O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
            your power to all those to come.



Words of Devotion

I remember back when I was a little boy, drawing pictures on the church bulletin on Sunday morning and going to sleep on Sunday night. There was never any sleeping like that kind of sleeping! And to be honest, I didn’t care what the pastor was saying. I would catch bits and pieces, but I just wasn’t concerned about it all too much.

But looking back, there were some things that God definitely put in my life during those formative years that have never left me. There was a feeling of acceptance that this is where I belong, this is where I am loved, and this is where I can invest my life.

As a pastor and a parent, I know kids aren’t always going to love going to church. I also see many parents who get discouraged because their kids seem disinterested in what’s being taught. Most important is reinforcing to your children the importance of having a community of faith… a place to grow, find acceptance, and be loved.

One of the most valuable lessons you can teach any child is that the community of Christian faith is a good place for them to be. So if your children seem disinterested in church, don’t be discouraged. There are life lessons that go far beyond preaching!

CONNECT YOUR KIDS WITH A LOVING CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY WHERE THEY CAN GROW IN THEIR FAITH AND LEARN LESSONS THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment