Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Putting Your Faith into Action


Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 


Today’s action is simple. Pray! As you go, walk through your day, be in constant prayer. As you pray you need to examine your life, separating the bad habits, bad desires, and bad relationship from your life. In doing this you will make new space for God to fill with Good stuff. Pray that God will show you new ways He can use your passion for work, church, future, college, writing, Pogo stick jumping , anything. Ask honestly for God to reveal something new to you today. It may be something small, or it may be scary BIG. Gather these revelations and share them with someone you can trust. Best Friend, Pastor, Youth Pastor… 


Here is an example of a prayer to help you… make it yours… 



Father (Daddy) 
Create a new rhythm in my life. I am so far from Your Will. 
I find myself falling into bad relationships, bad habits, bad ambitions and desires, over and over again. 
Establish in me rhythm of separating and gathering. 
Nudge me when I need separation from the things that keep me from You. 
And in the separation, help me to gather my passions again at Your feet. 
Help me to see sin for what it really is. 
The world may call me crazy. 
Help me not to care. 
I believe You can and will do awesome things through me. 
Help me with my unbelief. 
Help me to bring the light to the densest darkness. 
Help to be in constant prayer 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment