Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That’s the power of the Cross

I recently listened to a CD by Natalie Grant. One of her songs spoke to me and I felt lead to share my thoughts and the song. May you be blessed....

================================


What does the “POWER OF THE CROSS” mean to me?

See my chains fall off…

I once was in darkness, but now in the light, I once was blind, now I see, I once was a sinner, now I am a saint, I once was bound in chains of sin; now I’m free, I once was a stranger, now a child of the King, I was empty, now I’m filled with the Holy Spirit, I once was condemned, now I am reconciled, I was Broken, now I’m healed, I once was a prodigal, now I have a Home, I once was lost, now I am found, I once was God’s enemy , now I am His friend, I once was poor, now I have a crown, That’s the power of the cross, See my chains fall off… The Cross, God’s amazing grace




For we know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. Romans 6:6




Then He said to them all: Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23




May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God. From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen. Galatians 6:14-18




NATALIE GRANT, Power of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment